31.5.08

Good Morning!

Starbuck's is still closed. It is 6 am, I'm at a large airport where
lots of people have already departed and it is still closed. What do
the pilots do?

Flying first thing on a Saturday morning is a tricky business. You
never know if there is going to be a cab or if the train will be there
when you think it is, the supershuttle comes 20 minutes earlier and a
cigarette smoking woman in a purple belly dancing ensemble might be
outside your posh hotel, but one constant is that hot cup of coffee at
the airport after all the schlepping.

Oh, and I'm sick as a dog, so that smoking belly dancer person made it
ooooh so much better.

At first I thought the lit lamp might be an indication that someone is
in the back, brewing French roast equivalent, but soon realized that
the light is there to tell people that nobody is there. Sigh.

Borders is open, as is the Body Shop... Hmmm

So I had to settle for the weak offerings of another... Mystery coffee
and scarrily shiny muffins (why are they shiny?). So I settled for the
smallest coffee and a water. Sneezing on the counter so much so the
flight attendant in front of me said to "go ahead baby doll." So
sweet, only she probably regretted it when I sneezed all over the
counter. Oops, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment