11.9.08

It's Around the Corner

"Love is around the corner," or so say my horoscope, a fortune cookie, a tarot card (twice), and one of those Dove chocolate wrappers. Today again, I went online and my covert tarot card-a-day reading said, quite literally, "love is around the corner." Well, it was not lurking around the corner today, as far as I could tell. I did run into some really cute dogs and picked up delicious local plums at the farmer's market.

Walking around the neighborhood - because I did move in between posts - there are lots of single people windows. Don't ask. It's the same as being at the grocery store and knowing who is a deux or solo.

Meanwhile, there are projects. I LOVE a project. Preferably an almost instant gratification one. This week, I've gone through searching for the perfect mid-century Danish chair, hunting down a Danish chest (I'm second in line if the person who has it on hold does not claim it), looking for good bookshelves, finding the running path in the neighborhood, and finding the best cupcake recipe- only I can't actually eat them...but I must know. Also, washing a muffin tin more than once on any given month generally cures one of ever wanting to use it again. Thus far, I've not progressed on any of them but have ordered some books on half.com . They were a good value though, for fluffy fiction. OH! And I found a recipe (two actually) for the pork buns from Momofuku. Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm...

So the cupcake recipe obsession was brought about by my brother and sister, although I suspect it was mainly my brother. He just moved to NY and, when the family visited, he had a list of bakeries to go to. We sampled cupcakes. We walked in the heat and pouring rain and sought refuge in the airconditioned, sweet-treat, pastelicious bakeries of Manhattan. However, none of them were like knock your socks off. In fact, they were kind of dry. I know, right? And we went to the legends, supposedly. So I want to know if there is a recipe out there that is better... am looking for taste testers.

No comments:

Post a Comment