15.4.08

Amazing Mousse

Ok, I know, I know, I normally pass on soy recipes too, but was looking for a good dessert that won’t kill my Chinese Medicine eating plan … and made this last night. Oh. So. Addictive. And, it literally takes 3 minutes. I couldn’t taste the tofu… No weird textures or anything.


Magic Chocolate Mousse
1 lb light silken tofu (1 lb is one package)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (darker is better)
1/3 cup sugar (I’ll probably use ¼ cup next time, also you can substitute sweetener)
1 tbsp rum or fruity alcohol or orange essence

Whiz the tofu in a food processor for about a minute. Add the other ingredients, whiz until combined.
Taste and adjust sugar, etc…
Chill for 2 hours or so.

derived from TOFU CHOCOLATE ALMOND MOUSSE
from “Soy Desserts” by Patricia Greenberg

Note, I actually used it as a dip for strawberries before chilling.