11.4.08

TGIF

TGIF. You know when you wake up (say, 8:45) and realize that no matter what you do you will be late for work (at say, 9:00, just hypothetically)? That was today. But I did manage to get in the door in record time (9:21). Hurrah…with lunch in tow.

This week has been rough. For some bizarre reason, I’ve been feeling really sickly – overly tired, dizzy, light-headed for reasons unknown. So much so I forgot to wear earrings twice this week (that’s like not wearing shoes for some people). Someone said I was probably just exhausted from all the – er –excitement – of the previous two weeks coupled with new diet…hence accidentally sleeping for 12 hours last night.

New diet is good though, I feel. Is not really new to me as have been on possibly every diet on earth, but at least it makes sense and is from an actual medical practitioner as opposed to, say, Borders (which I love, by the way, to the chagrin of many independent book store owners but Borders is open after work hours and have good values on books… but I digress). Also, the "eating plan" is embedded in centuries of Chinese wisdom as opposed to, say, Florida (South Beach, to be exact).

So, apparently Dumpling (is my dad’s preferred name for new puppy) and Crazy Daisy are getting along swimmingly. They wrestle, they play ball, they run around the kitchen. Most importantly, they stay out of Snooky’s way…although they keep eating her prescription dog food – oh well, at least they won’t get doggie arthritis (yes, it exists).

The OtherOtherDove (as my brother M to call her) is best described as my dad as “feisty.” She apparently has no qualms about being – er – feisty with Crazy Daisy, despite the fact that Crazy Daisy is 50 lbs and Munchkin can fit in my purse with room to spare. I’ve seen Mochi in action. She’s kind of scary, actually. She grabs things with her teeth and shakes her head as like a dog possessed and then makes growling evil gremlin noises. Apparently, Crazy Daisy loooooooves new dog and, since my time with her, Crazy Daisy has been better disciplined. Ha! Granted, she’s probably now addicted to those faux-sausage treats. How can you not love sausage, even if they are made of questionable ingredients and red food coloring?

My mom says Mushu looks like my Uncle G’s (the one who gave mom the dog) old nanny. Perhaps that’s what attracted him to her, on a subconscious level of course. She has to potential to be just as ornery, to be honest. Ha ha!

So, Dumpy (oh, that’s not a flattering shortening of Dumpling, now is it?) and Crazy Daisy are getting on so well that they will have a sleepover at my brother MB’s (MB: married brother, as have only one married brother) house this weekend. MOST exciting.