21.4.08

No more cake!

I think my siblings (both of them independently) might be rooming with people with with sadistic tendencies. Not sadists, per say, in fact, they seem like very sweet people, but rather, deprivers of heat… My brother R is a college student in one of those East Coast schools, near the water, so winters are very cold. But his roommates, lovely women (women, yes, that would be correct, its 2008 people, already) though they are, don’t allow the heater to be turned up. Ever. Even in the very cold, drafty apartment they live in. Granted, it is to save money, but he gets very cold. He doesn’t have body fat to keep him warm.

My sister, the grad student who sometimes forgets to be paid, has a roommate who doesn’t allow the operation of the oven, also for money-saving reasons. This would be ok, only that means there’s no chocolate cake baking. My sister is amidst her dissertation. She loves chocolate cake. London is very expensive and purchasing chocolate cake is not an option. So she has to write her dissertation without her favorite treat, chocolate cake. Now you naysayers may say, oh, gosh, what’s some chocolate cake? Let’s play a little game. Fill in the blanks with your favorite treat, say, beer, wine, vodka, chocolate, meat.

I am in the middle of my dissertation. I love _(chocolate cake)_____________. I love _(chocolate cake)____________ . Where I live is very expensive and purchasing _(chocolate cake)____________ is not feasible. So I have to write my dissertation without my favorite treat, _(chocolate cake)____________.

Is a little different now, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment